A new Hyper-Realistic Art, executed on paper with Graphite/Charcoall



Artist: Fatola Israel ( @heavenlyartz)
Artwork Title: "Erin Ayo😃" (Laughter of Joy)
Dimension: 60 by 91cm
Medium: Graphite and Charcoal on Modelling Paper (White)
Year: 2016


“It is an amazing thing to watch people laugh, the way it sort of takes them over. Sometimes they really do struggle with it. I see that often enough in church, school, parties, concerts. So I wonder what it is and where it comes from, and I wonder what it expends out of your system, so that you have to do it till you’re done, like crying in a way,


"While the laughter of joy is in full harmony with our deeper life, the laughter of amusement should be kept apart from it" It's Christmas season.


I humbly wish every single soul a fulfilled December, and a more blessed new year ahead. May you have every reason to Laugh this season.


PS: This piece was exhibited at the Eko Art Expo in February 2017 and was bought by the then Lagos State Governor Akinwunmi Ambode

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A brief "Q&A" session with Fatola Israel: the winner of the Artbeat Challenge 2.0

Time Perspective 02: This is the story of a helpless woman who is about to become famous, but for the very wrong reasons.

She's ART. You don't quite know why you're drawn to her, but you don't question it.